Protect Your Investment!
Sealer locks in sand & helps prevent mold & mildew while maintaining your paver's color. It acts as a shield, preventing moisture from soaking into the pavers. When the sealer is applied, the water will bead on top of the paver.
We use a sealer that is environmentally friendly and not prone to discoloring when used on concrete or pavers free of any old sealers. The main reason is that it is a "breathable" sealer, which greatly reduces the chances of the dreaded "white haze."
There are some restrictions however...sometimes fading and efflorescence (white haze) can occur naturally in extreme weather conditions, such as constant direct sunlight or extreme cold. Therefore, time of day & weather conditions are very important when the sealer is applied. This is why we recommend having your pavers cleaned and sealed by a professional.
How To Seal PaversPavers are the ideal material for surfacing various areas in a landscape such as driveways, walkways, pathways, patios, decks, poolscapes as well as a firepit and fireplace zones and other outdoor living areas.
These units are very resilient and durable and require very minimal maintenance. However, it is essential to make sure that they are maintained with regularity. Not only does this keep them looking great but also helps maintain the integrity and overall functionality.
It is a good idea to get the paver stones cleaned regularly. Aside from this, consider getting the surfaces seal coated once every two years. This helps make them stain-resistant, and they can endure exposure to climatic conditions in a much better way. The right kind of seal coating prevents fading and UV degradation.
How Pavers Are SealedIf you are considering handling the paver sealing job yourself, there are certain things you would need to keep in view to do the job in the right manner and get the best results:
- You will find that there are a large number of paver sealing products in the market, and it is vital that you choose organic ones that will not harm the stones in the outdoor areas of your property. Doing this will help ensure that all the paved surfaces are cleaned perfectly without any adverse effects from harsh products.
- Once the pavers are clean, you should also use a good-quality seal coating. You can choose from well-known brands such as Superseal, Surebond, Sealkrete, Seal’nlock etc.
- As mentioned earlier, different paver stones required different types of treatments. Therefore, you need to make sure that the product you buy is suitable for the types of pavers that exist on your property.
- If you want a high-gloss finish on pavers, you will need to buy a solvent-based sealer while a water-based one is best suited for matte finishing. These do not have any VOCs and are also an environmentally-friendly choice.
- It is also necessary that you follow the instructions mentioned on the packaging to make sure that the seal coating is applied in the best possible way to provide the right protection to your paver stones.
If you want high-quality paver sealing services, hire a local company like us here at CLP Property Management. We will be able to provide customized services at cost-effective pricing. Our professional staff will discuss your requirements and make sure that the solutions we provide are right in line with your needs and that you are assured of clean and well-maintained outdoor spaces on your property. Maintaining your pavers does not get any simpler than this!