Need for Thick PaversThick pavers range in thickness from 2-3/8 inches to 3-1/2 inches. These are usually used in new construction projects. Typically, landscaping pavers for new homes will usually comprise of thick pavers. There are many scenarios where thick pavers are preferred:
- Adding a new pool to your home and choosing pavers as the decking surface will most often mean that you will be using thick pavers
- Even when it is about adding a new patio to your backyard, you will be using thick pavers
- When your garage needs to be re-done with pavers, you will have to remove the cement and introduce thick pavers over the base
Typical Applications of Thick Pavers
2-3/8-Inch PaversWe install 2-3/8-inch or 60mm pavers for outdoor projects, including pool decks, patios, and driveways, that don’t already have a poured concrete surface beneath them. When it comes to driveways, we will tear out the current surface before the 2-3/8-inch pavers are added. If an existing driveway surface is overlaid with pavers, there is a good chance of cracks and breaks.
3-1/8-Inch PaversUsually, 3-1/8-inch (80mm) thick pavers are used more commonly for commercial applications. They are typically commercial-grade pavers and are used in larger projects.
How Much Thickness Is Required?When it comes to garden pathways, 2-3/8-inch (60mm) is the commonly used thickness. The excavated soil site needs to be filled with bedding sand and crushed concrete as the paver base. This base should ensure even distribution of the base.
We install thick pavers that will not crack or pave the way for weeds to appear in your driveways and walkways. You will not have to worry about the pavers loosening.
Paver BaseWhen it comes to creating stable paver pathways, we ensure that the base is thick enough. This will involve the following steps:
- The soil is leveled
- A layer of crushed concrete is spread across the site
- Plate compactor is used to ensure that the pieces settle properly into place
- Second layer is added, and the process is repeated
Our quality work ensures that ground contours will not appear at the paver surface level. We ensure that the base is completely solid and stable.
For more information about our thick paver installation services, feel free to contact us today. Call us at 352-549-4981 or send us a message through our Contact Us form.